International Moving to Algeria
Information of Interest in your Moving to Algeria
In Mudinmar we do removals to the main provinces, countries and municipalities of Algeria: Algiers, Oran, Constantine or Annaba, among others.
Algeria is the country of the Maghreb, northern Africa, which has the largest area of all the territories of Africa. It borders to the north with the Mediterranean Sea, to the east with Libya, the west with Morocco and Western Sahara. Constitutionally defined as Arab, Amazigh (Berebér) and Muslim country.
Economy in Algeria
Like most of the Arab League countries, Algeria’s main economic resources come from its oil, gas, iron, zinc, or silver holdings; Although a quarter of its population is dedicated to agriculture and fishing, it is the exploitation of fossil fuels that accounts for 60% of the country’s income.
Weather in Algeria
Algeria has a climate that we could classify as semi-arid, with mild and humid winters and hot and dry summers. Although during the day temperatures do not usually fall below 25ºC, at night, especially in winter, they tend to have quite low temperatures.
Links of interest
Documentation needed to enter Algeria
To enter Algeria we must carry certain documentation in order:
- Passport, valid for at least 6 months.
- Visa, which must be requested at the Embassy. The Algerian Embassy in Madrid grants entry visas in Algeria to people residing in the Communities of Madrid, Castilla-León, Castilla-La Mancha, Extremadura, Galicia, Asturias and the Canary Islands. The rest of the communities must apply for a visa at the Consulate General of Algeria in Barcelona or at the Consulate of Algeria in Alicante.
- Travel insurance valid for the entire duration of the stay in Algeria.
- The residence card with photocopy for foreign residents.
- The payment of the rights of chancery whose amounts are fixed according to the duration of the stay and the nationality of the applicant is made in cash. No bank or money order payment is allowed.